An iPhone & Android App for the worthiest of local charitable causes.
As a part of the Selesti team, we designed and developed an iOS and Android App in association with Nelsons Journey, a BBC Children in Need funded project helping children suffering from bereavement by providing them with a secure platform to express their feelings and participate in mini-games to help ease their pain.
BBC Children in Need TV Slot
Recently Nelsons Journey gained lots of media attention as it was featured on TV with a small segment talking with children about how the app has helped them overcome issues.
The app has 5 main aims:
- To help increase the self-esteem of bereaved children and young people
- To allow bereaved children and young people to express their feelings and understand their emotions
- Provide opportunities to remember the person who has died
- Provide education about bereavement
- Help families talk more openly about their bereavement
Virtual coping strategies
The app aims to mirror activities that Nelson Journey deliver offline to help children deal with bereavement. It offers a virtual version of:
- a diary to log how they are feeling
- a jar to collect memories of their lost loved one
- a balloon release ceremony as a symbol of letting go of negative feelings of grief
- advice and support whatever the time or situation